The Cary Park District's Dog Park is located at Hoffman Park on West Main Street. From Route 14 head south on Cary-Algonquin Road to West Main Street. Then turn west on West Main Street. Follow West Main Street until it ends at the parking lot access point.
The park is open from dawn to dusk.
- 18-acre fenced in dog park that includes a mowed grassy open play area, a field meadow, and a tall grass area with walking trails.
- A fenced-in small dog area.
- Two training areas for owners to acclimate dogs that are off-leash for the first time.
- Amenities include dog waste bag stations, garbage/recycling cans, and a drinking fountain for both dogs and people.
- Restrooms available.
- Double gate entry with electronic key access for security and valid dog pass users only.
Passes are required for entrance to the dog park and can be purchased at the Cary Park District Community Center, 255 Briargate Road, Cary. Proof of residency is required to receive the resident rate (driver's license, house purchase contract or apartment lease, current utility bill, or real estate tax bill). Passes are not transferable.
Passes are valid for one year from date of purchase.To purchase a pass, complete a Registration Packet and return it with payment to the Community Center. A minimum of 48 hours may be required before electronic keys are issued. Discounts or reduced pricing is not available for partial year use of the dog park. Daily passes are not offered by the Park District.
|Dog Park Fees
|Resident (1 dog)
|Resident (additional dog)
|Senior Resident (1 dog)
|Senior Resident (additional dog)
|Non-Resident (additional dog)
|Senior Non-Resident (1 dog)
|Senior Non-Resident (additional dog
|Additional Electronic Keys
|Lost or Damaged Keys
|Lost or Damaged Dog Tag
|There is no charge for electronic keys that malfunction.
An electronic key is issued to those who purchase an annual dog park pass. The key is required for entrance to the dog park.Your key is not needed to exit the park, simply turn the handle to open the gate.
To access the park:
Click on the photo to the right for a brief video of how to access the park.
- Place your electronic key on the plastic cover with the words "Please Wave Key Here".
- The scanner will flash green and beep.
- Wait for a clicking sound and then pull the door handle towards you.
- Enter the park. You have 10 seconds to open the door after your key has been scanned.
A listing of the guidelines for the dog park is listed in the Registration Packet.