Activities at the Kraus Senior Center are offered while adhering to five phase Restore Illinois Plan and following the safety guidelines provided by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO). Please see the Activity Guidelines for Kraus Senior Center events held at either the Kraus Senior Center, 441 W. Main Street or the Community Center, 255 Briargate Road below.
Chair Yoga is now on Tuesdays at the Senior Center. Class is free; registration is required.
|Tuesday, October 6 from 10:00 – 11:00 am||Register Now|
|Tuesday, October 20 from 10:00 – 11:00 am||Register Now|
Birthday Bingo allows a maximum of 20 people. There is no fee to play but registration is required. Birthday Bingo is held at the Community Center, 255 Briargate Road, Cary.
|Friday, October 2 at 10:00 am||Register Now|
FREE Blood Pressure Checks
Get your blood pressure checked from a registered nurse. Registration is required. Blood pressure checks are held at the Community Center, 255 Briargate Road, Cary.
|Friday, October 2 at 9:00 am||Register Now|
Book discussion will be about the book Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese. Registration is required to attend. Book Club is held at the Senior Center.
|Thursday, October 8 from 10:00 – 11:00 am||Register Now|
Pay to Play Bingo
No registration fee, but $2 per Bingo Card is required to play. 20 person limited seating. You must register to attend. Pay to Play Bingo is held at the Community Center.
|Friday, October 9 at 10:00 am||Register Now|
|Friday, October 16 at 10:00 am||Register Now|
|Friday, October 23 at 10:00 am||Register Now|
Drop In Fun
Chat, play crosswords, Sudoku, word search, and more! There is no registration fee, but you must register to attend. Drop in Fun is held at the Kraus Senior Center.
|Thursday, October 17 from 10:00 – 11:30 am||Register Now|
Join us on Friday, October 27 at Georgio’s in Crystal Lake for lunch with friends. Registration required; maximum is 13 for this event. Meal is off the menu and self-pay. You may drive/carpool or register to take the Park District bus with the group. Transportation fee is $5 for residents or $6 for non-residents.
|Bus (meet time 11:15 am at the Community Center)||Register Now|
|Drve/Carpool (meet time is 11:45 am)||Register Now|
Lake Geneva Trip
Enjoy the day in downtown Lake Geneva. Dine with the group or on your own for a self-pay lunch at any of the many dining options. Deadline to register is 10/15. Registration is $12 for residents and $14 for non-residents.
|Thursday, October 22 from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm||Register Now|
Halloween Party & Costume Contest
Enjoy lunch, a Halloween Costume Contest, and Pay to Play Bingo. Lunch begins at 11:00 am and consists of a turkey BLT wrap on a flour tortilla, coleslaw, mandarin oranges, and tollhouse bars for dessert. At 12:15 begins the costume contest. Finish off the day with pay to play bingo from 12:45 – 2:00 pm. The registration deadline is 10/22 and refunds will not be issued after the deadline. There is a 22 person maximum for this event. Registration is 15 for residents and $16 for non-residents.
|Friday, October 30 from 11:00 am – 2:00 pm||Register Now|
- Activity spaces will be set up for social distancing and marked as such. Please adhere to all the markings on where to sit and participate.
- Face masks are required to enter both the Kraus Senior Center and Community Center.
- Coffee, tea, and water service will not be provided. Please Bring your own coffee, tea, and water.
- No sharing of food. However if you need a snack, please bring one for yourself only.
- To keep everyone comfortable while wearing a face mask, the rooms in the facilities may be cooler than normal. Please bring a sweater or shawl to keep you comfortable while participating in activities.
- Bring your own dobber as we will not be lending any out. We will have a limited number to purchase for only $1.00.
- Bring dollar bills. Payment for cards are only in single dollar bills. Change will not be given for payment of cards. Cards are $2.00 each, no limit.
Drop In Fun Guidelines
- Bring your own writing pens, pencils, or markers/highlighters. We will not have any available for lending.
If you would like to contact someone at the Kraus Senior Center, you may call and leave a message at the Senior Center at 847-639-8118. Messages are checked regularly. You may also email Missi Brezina, Senior Center Coordinator or or you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.