It was announced earlier this week that Region 9 which includes the Cary Park District, can move to Tier 2. This allows the Cary Park District to allow more services to the community and welcome you back to programming. Below is an update of what will take place while in Tier 2.
- The Community Center will continue with the current hours of operation
- Monday – Friday, 5:30 am – 8:00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday, 7:00 am – 3:00 pm.
- If you would like to reach a staff member outside of these hours, please visit our Staff Directory or send an email to email@example.com.
- The Fitness Center is open. Reservations will still be required to use the equipment. To reserve a time slot, call the Park District at 847.639.6100.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times, even while using the fitness equipment and regardless of person or equipment spacing.
- Beginning February 1, the changing area of the men’s and women’s locker rooms will be open. The showers will remain closed.
- More information on Fitness Center Guidelines is on our website.
- Limited programming will resume the week of January 25, with additional programs beginning February 1. Available program information is listed in the digital Winter Program Guide available on our website. Information on spring programming will be available on our website the week of February 8.
- If you or a family member are enrolled in a virtual program, the program will continue to be held virtually.
- In person classes can resume with 10 people maximum. Face coverings and social distancing will be required.
E.T. KidZone – Before & After School Programming
- E.T. KidZone will resume on January 25. Due to enrollment numbers, E.T. KidZone will be held at the Community Center verses the child’s school. Transportation from the Community Center to the child’s school in the morning and from the child’s school to the Community Center in the afternoon will be by Park District minibus. More information including the Return to Program Plan is available on our website. Registration is available online and at the Community Center.
Cary Park District Preschool
- Classes will resume February 1. Families currently enrolled in our Preschool program will be contacted by the Preschool Director.
Kraus Senior Center
- The Kraus Senior Center will remain closed to drop-in usage.
- Specific clubs & programs in February may be held depending on Tier restriction maximums. Available program information is listed in the digital Winter Program Guide available on our website. Information on spring programming will be available on our website the week of February 8.
Park & Facility Rentals
- Indoor rentals can resume with restrictions. If you are interested in renting space at a park or facility, please contact the Park District for more information, 847.639.6100.
Parks & Outdoor Activities, Trails, Playgrounds, Dog Park and Skate Park
- All parks, trails, and playgrounds are open.
- The Hoffman Park Dog Park is open.
- The Skate Park at Lions Park is currently closed.
- When weather allows, the sled hill at Lions Park and the outdoor ice rink at Jaycee Park will be open. The warming shelter at Jaycee Park will be closed.
- We encourage you to wear a mask, watch your distance – stay 6 feet apart from others, and wash your hands or use hand sanitizer while in our parks.