As cases of COVID-19 continue to rise in Illinois, Governor Prizker on Tuesday announced that the entire state will be moving into Tier 3 mitigations beginning Friday, November 20. This change will have a significant impact on Park District services.
The Community Center will remain open.
Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, the Community Center will have the following hours next week:
- Friday, November 20: 5:30 am – 8:00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday, November 21 & 22: 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Monday & Tuesday, November 23 & 24: 5:30 am – 10:00 pm
- Wednesday, November 25: 5:30 am – 7:30 pm
- Thursday, November 26: Closed for Thanksgiving
- Friday, November 27: 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday, November 28 & 29: 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
Beginning November 30, the Community Center will be open:
- Monday – Friday, 5:30 am – 8:00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday, 7:00 am – 3:00 pm.
- The Fitness Center will remain open. Please refer to the hours listed above. Reservations will still be required to use the Fitness Center. To reserve a time slot, call the Park District at 847.639.6100.
- The locker rooms will remain closed.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times, even while using the fitness equipment.
- While we are under Tier 3 mitigations, most recreation program have been either cancelled or paused. If you are registered for a program, you will be contacted by the Park District if your program is cancelled.
- As of now the holiday special events that are planned for December will still be held. This includes Letters to Santa, Jaycee Park Holiday Walk Tree Decorating, At Home Snowman Kit, Holiday Lights Decorating Contest, Drive Thru Visit with Santa, and You’ve Been Elfed. Registration for these events is in process. Any changes to these events, including cancellations will be posted on our website and the Park District Facebook page plus all registered participants will be contacted.
Parks & Outdoor Activities, Trails, Playgrounds, Dog Park and Skate Park
- All parks, trails, and playgrounds are open.
- The Hoffman Park Dog Park is open.
- The Skate Park at Lions Park is open.
- When weather allows, the sled hill at Lions Park and the outdoor ice rink at Jaycee Park will be open. The warming shelter at Jaycee Park will be closed.
- We encourage you to wear a mask, watch your distance – stay 6 feet apart from others, and wash your hands or use hand sanitizer while in our parks.
- All Community Center and shelter rentals have been cancelled during Tier 3.