It was announced earlier this week that Region 9 which includes the Cary Park District, can move to Phase 4. This allows the Cary Park District to allow more services to the community and welcome you back to programming. Below is an update of what will take place while in Phase 4.
- The Community Center will continue with the current hours of operation
- Monday – Friday, 5:30 am – 8:00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday, 7:00 am – 3:00 pm.
- If you would like to reach a staff member outside of these hours, please visit our Staff Directory or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Fitness Center is open. Reservations will still be required to use the equipment. To reserve a time slot, call the Park District at 847.639.6100.
- The changing area of the men’s and women’s locker rooms will be open. The showers will remain closed.
- More information please review the Fitness Center Guidelines.
- Recreation programming has resumed. Available program information is listed in the digital Winter Program Guide available on our website. Information on spring programming will be available on our website the week of February 8.
- If you or a family member are enrolled in a virtual program, the program will continue to be held virtually.
E.T. KidZone – Before & After School Programming
- E.T. KidZone has resumed. Due to enrollment numbers, E.T. KidZone will be held at the Community Center verses the child’s school. Transportation from the Community Center to the child’s school in the morning and from the child’s school to the Community Center in the afternoon will be by Park District minibus. More information including the Return to Program Plan is available on our website. Registration is available online and at the Community Center.
Cary Park District Preschool
- Classes have resumed.
Kraus Senior Center
- The Kraus Senior Center will remain closed to drop-in usage.
- Specific clubs & programs have resumed. Available program information is listed in the digital Winter Program Guide and in the Kraus Senior Center newsletter. Information on spring programming will be available on our website the week of February 8.
Park & Facility Rentals
- Indoor rentals can resume with restrictions. If you are interested in renting space at a park or facility, please contact the Park District for more information, 847.639.6100.
Parks & Outdoor Activities, Trails, Playgrounds, Dog Park and Skate Park
- All parks, trails, and playgrounds are open.
- The Hoffman Park Dog Park is open.
- When weather allows, the sled hill at Lions Park and the outdoor ice rink at Jaycee Park will be open. The warming shelter at Jaycee Park will be closed.
- We encourage you to wear a mask, watch your distance – stay 6 feet apart from others, and wash your hands or use hand sanitizer while in our parks.