Community Center Pool 2020 Season
We are excited to be able to open the pool and provide swim lessons, aqua fitness, lap swim, and open swim time blocks. However due to the capacity restrictions outlined within the Illinois Department of Public Health guidelines, pool usage this summer will be very different. The health and well-being of our community is a priority and we thank you for your continued support and adherence to these state standards for everyone’s health and safety.
Admission to the pool this season is by daily fee. All 2020 season pool passes have been cancelled and credited or refunded. Due to capacity limits admission is by registration. Please see the Pool Hours section below for information on time blocks and how to register.
Open Swim Fees
|Under 17 years old||$3.00||$8.00|
Fees also apply to children age 2 and under.
Lap Swim Fees
|Tuesday, Thursday, Friday||$5.00||$8.00|
The Cary Park District will be offering lap swim and open swim. Due to the Phase 4 guidelines we will be adhering to capacity limits. Lap swim capacity will be limited to three (3) swimmers at one time. Open swim will be limited to fifty guests for each time block. Park District residents may reserve a Lap Swim or Open Swim time block either online or by contacting the Community Center Front Desk at 847-639-6100. Walk-ins will only be accepted if space limits allow and as available. It is recommended to use online registration or contact the front desk before visiting. The open swim fee or the lap swim fee will be charged for each time block registered.
Monday - Friday (August 10 - 21)
|Open Swim Time Blocks
Saturday & Sunday (August 15 - September 7)
The pool will be open on weekends only beginning August 22. We will be open on Labor Day, Monday, September 7.
|Open Swim Time Blocks
||12:30 - 2:30 pm
3:00 - 5:00 pm
Community Center Pool Phase 4 Guidelines
- Follow all Illinois Department of Public Health guidelines related to social distancing, hand washing, and face coverings.
- Face coverings are required to enter the Community Center.
- Face coverings should be worn whenever not in the water.
- Wash hands or use hand sanitizer immediately upon entering facility.
- Arrive in swim attire. Lockers and changing rooms will not be available.
- Restrooms and showers will be available.
- Water fountains will not be available. Bottle filler only is available.
- Concession stand will not be available. Patrons may bring beverages to the facility to stay hydrated.
- Garbage cans will not be available. Please take any trash with you.
- Deck chairs, loungers, and funbrellas will not be available. Limited picnic tables will be available. Visitors are welcome to bring chairs or shade (no tents). This has been done to reduce congregation.
- Social distance yourself or your family at least six (6) feet from other individuals or groups.
- Lost and found will be disposed of at the end of the day.
- Equipment, bathrooms, and common touch points will be cleaned and disinfected by staff at designated intervals throughout each day.
- Information specific to swim lessons will be emailed to registered participants prior to the start of the session.
- Lap swim capacity will be limited to three (3) swimmers at one time.
- Open swim capacity will be limited to fifty (50) guests.
- Park District residents may reserve their lap swim or open swim time block either online or by contacting the Community Center Front Desk at 847-639-6100.
- Walk-ins will only be accepted if space limits allow and as available. It is recommended to use online registration or contact the front desk at 847-639-6100 before visiting.
- Patrons must wait in their cars until 10 minutes before their time block starts.
- Pool patrons enter through the Community Center main entrance to check-in. At the end of the swim time block exit through the side gate.
- Cancellations less than 24 hours in advance will not be eligible for a refund.
- Refunds will not be given for inclement weather. In the event your entire time block is unable to be held due to inclement weather, we will do our best to reschedule your time block.
- Patrons should abide by social distancing guidelines to protect themselves, guests, and others. Patrons will be asked to leave the facility if they do not follow guidelines.
- Patrons understand that by attending facilities they are assuming risk and possible exposure to COVID-19. If you are feeling ill or exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home until cleared by medical professionals.
In accordance with the Illinois Department of Public Health requirement the Cary Park District asks that all pool patrons complete the health self-assessment below at home prior to arriving at the facility for their registered time block.
- All patrons must perform the COVID-19 symptom questionnaire below along with a temperature check at home:
- Do you have a fever of 100.4F or higher?
- Do you have a cough?
- Do you have a sore throat?
- Have you been experiencing difficulty breathing or a shortness of breath?
- Do you have muscle aches?
- Have you had a new or unusual headache (not typical to the individual)?
- Have you noticed a new loss of taste or loss of smell?
- Have you been experiencing chills or rigors (a sudden feeling of cold with shivering accompanied by a rise in temperature)?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Is anyone in your household displaying any symptoms listed above of COVID-19?
- To the best of your knowledge, in the last 14 days, have you come into close contact with anyone who has tested positive for or been diagnosed with COVID-19?
- To help prevent the spread of illness, if you have a temperature of 100.4F or above or answer yes to any of the above questions, please DO NOT come on-site.
- Staff will ask you if you have completed the health self-assessment prior to entering the facility.
- If a patron exhibits any of the symptoms listed above during their visit, he or she will be asked to leave the facility immediately.