Concert in the Park: Saturday June Band
Saturday June (aka Steve Kessler) has been rocking Chicago for 20 years. A founding member of premier Chicago bands like Ooze Magazine and the punk band, the Pace (Chicago Magazine called them "among the best", Saturday has shared the stage with luminaries like Hound Dog taylor, Kevon Smith (Parliament) and played for a band called Chariot which also featured a fellow by the name of Eddie Vedder. Yeah, that Eddie Vedder! The current carnation of Saturday June features the beautiful Jami Dawn, the great keyboard work of Steve Woods (Woodsy), the serious bass of Joe Richards and the rhythm of Doc Jay Burstein and Dan Lazarus. The band plays with an infectious enthusiasm that draws in the listener and makes you want to get out there and dance to those songs you know so well! Don't miss this group!
All concerts are free. Registration is not required.
Concert in the Park Event Rules and Guidelines:
- Due to social distancing requirements, the area in front of the bandshell at Lions Park will be marked with 14′ circles. Each family is required to stay within their own circle during the concert.
- We strongly encourage all visitors to wear a mask upon arrival, departure, and any time outside of the circle.
- All seating and other belongings must remain inside the circle.
- Please do not approach the stage or entertainers.
- All visitors must follow social distancing guidelines and remain 6 ft. from others.
- Please be mindful and respectful of other visitors.
- By attending these events, visitors are assuming risk and possible exposure to COVID-19. If you are feeling ill or exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home until cleared by medical professionals.
Time: 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm