The Cary Park District Preschool building is set in the
lush greenery and woods of Lions Park, 1180 Silver Lake Road
- located between Three Oaks Road and Crystal Lake Ave. This
setting provides wonderful outdoor areas for nature exploration,
learning and play.
The goal of the Cary Park District Preschool is to create
a positive, sensitive and responsive environment to help
children feel valued and grow with each learning experience.
Through developmentally appropriate activities, we foster
physical, emotional, social and cognitive growth while
promoting a lifetime love for learning.
Cary Park District’s nurturing and experienced teachers
provide a safe, caring and consistent environment for young
children. Our teachers are qualified in early childhood development
and attend conferences, seminars and workshops to keep current with issues in early childhood education, health and safety.
- Promote a child’s sense of individual worth and belonging as a part
of a group and community.
- Provide opportunities to learn and grow through exploration and play.
- Explore small group activities for specific skills.
- Provide opportunities to experiment and problem
- Create a language rich environment through circle time, reading, books
- Promote awareness of the larger community with guest speakers such as
firefighters, dentists, and more.
- Establish communication between parents through progress reports, conferences,
daily information board and conversations.
- Follow the guidelines set by Cary Community Consolidated School District
26 for kindergarten readiness skills.
Preschool Forms & Parent Handbook