The Cary Park District complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), which prohibitis discrimination in the provision of programs, services, or activities to individuals with disabilities. The Park District invites any resident with a special need to contact us or the Northern Illinois Special Recreation Association (NISRA) staff, upon registration, to ensure a smooth inclusion. In addition to the programs listed within our brochure, the Park District also provides specialized services for people with disabilities through NISRA.
Below is the Cary Park District Americans with Disabilities Act 2012 Transition Plan.
National Center on Accessibility - Final Report
National Center on Accessibility - Audit Recommendation/Implementation/Definitions
Park Site Transition Plan
Facility Site Transition Plan
Programming Review and Audit
It is the policy of the Cary Park District to comply with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act that pertains to District operations. Any person or authorized representative who believes the Cary Park District has discriminated against them based on their disability by denying access to its program and services, may file a formal grievance in writing with the Cary Park District's ADA Compliance Officer.
Cary Park District
255 Briargate Road
Cary, IL 60013
When filing a grievence, include the following information:
- Name, address and telephone number of the individual filing the grievance.
- Relationship of the individual to the Cary Park District.
- The basis of the grievance.
- The provision of the Americans with Disabilities Act and implementing regulations allegedly violated by the Cary Park District.
- The date of the alleged violation.
- The remedy or relief sought.